Riskful Thinking Riskful Thinking

problem

well made, but games of chance get kind of boring after a while. Also, the stocks seem almost useless to me with how some of the 50-50 games let you double up quickly, and the number guessing game gives huge rewards(I kept starting a new game and betting it all on that till I won, and then made my fortune there, as it gives you 25x your bet if you win, even though coin flip/rock paper scissors/other games gave much higher chances of winning, they don't give nearly the reward). For an idea about how luck can go in the game, one time I was doing the number guessing game and used the same number over and over again until I ran out of money. It was around 160 times. Yeah, 160 times without getting a number even one time.

Now for the problem....I got a game over screen when I was going to top $2 billion. It took quite a while to amass all of that, and to get a mysterious game over for it really sucked. Oh well. Well made it seems, just relies on chance and luck too much to keep my interest for too long. That and the problem I mentioned above is what dropped the score for me.

Defend Your Cheese Defend Your Cheese

good game, too hard for me

While a challenge is good, and it is addicting in some ways, I just thought it was too hard on the whole. Having an easy setting where the second level is almost unbeatable is a little ridiculous. After too long and too many tries, I finally beat level 10 on hard, but it was way too hard and I think a lot of luck was involved. Because of that, I decided to quit instead of try any of them on very hard. The only reason I went that far was to try and unlock the last character, but even after all the levels on hard it still isn't there? Is it for multiplayer only or do you have to beat the whole game? It would suck to have to beat the whole game before you can get the strongest character. Although, it was hard enough to afford the owl even on the later stages because they got swarmed and eventually their owls/cats killed your own, and unless you had several out there, you're left with no cheese and no defense, so you lose.

Suggestions: fix the speed of the mice/rats. Sometimes you can deploy several and a couple of them zoom along, and the rest just slowly make way across. This causes problems when you're trying to swarm a stronger enemy because by the time the rest of the mice/rats get there, the others are dead, so you just wasted a bunch of money to see all of them killed. Also, I don't like how they sometimes just run past the enemies. This also gets bad if you just spent all your money and the enemy has a cat or an owl, since your guys will be dead while getting no money for it and not even defending your base.

For the easier difficulty levels, I'd like to see some kind of, I don't know, difference in difficulty.....giving more money per kill, or more to start, extra damage, something. As it is, there's not a big difference in difficulty that I can tell, except in the later stages when the hard ones are almost impossible. Also, I think it'd be nice to see at least the first level be actually easy to get people into the game, and used to the strategy and gameplay.

I'll tell you how I got past the last level on hard though. Well, what I can remember of it. I spammed tacks right near their base where the cat was going to be. Even after the first one dies, another one will be there soon. I think after that I saved to get a cat for myself, even though I had to let them eat some of my base to wait and get it. Then I spammed the tacs again until the second cat died. Then I kept getting cats with the occasional brown rat/black mouse to help when he got to the owl until finally I was able to get an owl. If you've made it that far, I probably don't need to explain more. Keep an owl or two at the back and let one (or more) go forward and then save until you can buy enough brown rats/black mice to take town their cheese. I would advise against saving for enough black rats, because after a while they start to send owls out again. I don't know how many since I won a few seconds after one came out but it was definitely getting harder, so I think it was best to end it quickly. As I said before though, I think it was a lot of luck though, because sometimes the rats will ignore the tacs or your cat will lead out their cat too early and you get cornered too much, or if you send out a mouse/rat at the wrong time the same can happen there.

Hope this helps anyone stuck on level 10, and I hope the developer will make some of the "easy" parts easier. If it was a bit easier I'd enjoy it, but as is, I probably wont play it any more.

Cheat2Win Cheat2Win

either a glitch or I missed something

Not really sure what happened. I got past level 9 the same way the guide said, got stuck on level 10 and trying to figure out the ctl thing you said I accidentally hit the m key and had to start the game over. So I had to go through it all again, and I couldn't get past level 9. I used the start key and everything, but it wouldn't work again. Is there some reason why it wouldn't work more than once? Just seems weird to me.

Stickman Madness 3 Stickman Madness 3

not bad at all

I don't think I can give it above a 7 right now....if you get people on your team and upgrade their reload rate, it does get boring for a while...how about some intermediary bosses to fill in between some levels....last time, I only went to level 20 before I put it up, just kinda bored. I can get a sniper and wait for the team guys to get rid of almost anyone before they do any damage. I just think it would be good to add something that will keep people in it till the end of the game. I like the game, but it really does get stale after a while, thus, a 7/10 and 4/5.

FWG Bridge FWG Bridge

have to agree

yeah....I'd give you a higher score, but I too think it's a bit too hard. I can do alright on sandbox mode, using a lot more wood than needed probably, but really, I can barely build a bridge that gets all the way across with the money given, much less have it able to hold up the creatures. Good concept, would be a great game for a level builder function. I think a better instruction guide would help, but also demos of each level to show that, yes it is possible to do with the money given, or at least a link to somewhere that has some.

The Impossible Quiz The Impossible Quiz

well....

yeah, it is hard. I've heard or seen most of that before once I think about it afterwards. Mostly before I was 10 years old so I didn't remember most of them at the time. Didn't finish it, and I might not finish it because I never liked that stuff....I'm way too logical for some of that, and I prefer numbers and order, so a lot of those questions, while I get them most of the time, it grates on my nerves horribly. And will someone please explain why H is supposed to be the 7th letter of the alphabet?(question 16 I think)

Play Pet Play Pet

for a first time

it isn't bad at all. but it's really not up to par with many other games that are out there. But like I said, it's actually not that bad if it's your first try. I agree with the guys before me to try for something more like a tamagatchi kind of game. There are plenty of those type of games out there to get ideas from. coming first would probably be health and happiness bars then more options and then if you want, different bars for things like cleanliness, hunger, etc. Good luck with it.

Jonah-The-Tiger responds:

Thank you for your advice and critique
yes, i have already started on a newer version of this game with far more options
if there is anything you would like to see in particualr then please feel free to Pm me with it.

SHIFT 2 SHIFT 2

didn't finish it

I'm too tired to finish it right now. But, it's really good what I've played so far. I probably would give a 9 but this is a pretty original concept so I'll give it a ten. I didn't like having to direct your fall almost perfectly sometimes several times in one level so that you had to redo one level a couple of times to get the timing down. Other than that, it was very very good. Good difficulty too.

Elliv Island dating Sim Elliv Island dating Sim

actually

good not great. I like some things and don't like some things....I disagree with the guy before me about the work as a cook being too fast. I thought its slow to the point of being boring. Actually, I'm doing that work right now, that's how long it takes....seriously someone just ordered 6 items and I still have plenty of time to come back over here and review the game some more before she even gets to her order. I don't like that the order just barely flashes long enough for me to recognize at all. You should have something to be able to click on the customer and review the order since it is almost not visible its so fast. So how about trying that and something like hitting the enter key to complete the order instead of waiting to the person to walk so slowly to the end of the counter. I do agree that I'd like to see some more choices and more girls.

Master Music Class 2 Master Music Class 2

still very good

one thing I'd like to point out is that the most common trick I've seen to learn the note names on the treble staff lines is Every Good Boy Does Fine(it even made it into a general psychology book I have this year). Also, there are a few grammatical errors here and there, but nothing bad enough where you can't figure out what you're trying to say. I like that you had a quiz at the end, but as I said about the game before, the standard now is whole, half, quarter, eighth. and so on, so if someone reads a different theory book, they could get confused about that. Also, are you not going to cover Finale in your software review section? It isn't as popular as it used to be but it's still one of the most popular brands of music software, and is usually less expensive than Sibelius(though admittedly not as good or versatile). Overall, very good lesson once again. Maybe moving a little too fast for those who really are beginners, but I still thought it was good.

TheNossinator responds:

Thanks for the review.

There are probably hundreds of ways to learn the names of notes, whichever you feel comfortable with.

I probably won't cover Finale, as Sibelius is the "better" software package and they're pretty similar. But if enough people want it, I suppose I could put it somewhere.

Thanks.